Vaginal ageing, or vaginal atrophy causes changes in the structure and function of the vagina and can affect women of all ages.
MonaLisa Touch is a powerful CO2 rejuvenating vaginal laser that promotes the remodelling of the vaginal mucous epithelium layer.
The regeneration of new tissue within the vaginal walls that takes place following treatment rebuilds a naturally stronger structure, and recovers lost volume, hydration and elasticity.
The procedure takes around five minutes and is suitable for almost all women suffering from vaginal atrophy. Pain medication is not required, and there is no downtime.
The main cause of the symptoms of VVA is a drop in the oestrogen levels causing the vaginal lining to become thinner, dryer and less elastic.
• Itchiness and burning sensation
• Discomfort related to laxity
• Dyspareunia (pain) or bleeding during sexual intercourse
• Early stages of urinary incontinence
Other causes of vaginal atrophy MonaLisa Touch can treat:
• History of hormone-sensitive cancers (e.g breast and uterine)
• Breastfeeding related vaginal dryness
• History of not being satisfied with hormone replacement therapies
• “Induced” menopause:
– post hysterectomy
– Post suppression of ovarian function (chemotherapy, radiation)
• Anti oestrogen medications
Reduction in vaginal dryness and painful Sex (Dyspareunia)
It is extremely common for women to lose physical enjoyment of sex as they age, and for sex to actually to be painful. While there can be many contributing factors, vaginal dryness can be the biggest culprit. Without adequate lubrication for penetration, sex can be very uncomfortable.
MonaLisa Touch helps promote proper vaginal tissue function, including lubrication. If over-the-counter lubricants and creams haven’t worked or are just a hassle, consider performing the MonaLisa Touch procedure to help you regain the pleasure of sex once again.
Improve Daily Quality of Life
The impact of vaginal atrophy can make even daily life a struggle. Being in a constant state of discomfort can make even the most enjoyable activities miserable. A dry, itchy and irritated vagina can hinder anyone’s lifestyle. Restoring the proper balance and health is crucial for taking back the enjoyment in everyday activities and the MonaLisa Touch can do that.
Combat Atrophic Vaginitis
Because estrogen drives the function of the vagina, when the hormone levels drop, the health of the vagina suffers. Whether caused by menopause, childbirth, breastfeeding, age, surgery, certain medications or treatments, MonaLisa Touch can help rejuvenate the nourishment and hydration of the vaginal tissues of the mucosa.In most cases of atrophic vaginitis, the mucosa becomes very thin, dry and delicate, making it very susceptible to trauma and irritation.
Urinary Incontinence Help
Many women over the age of 35 will experience urinary incontinence to some degree. There are many probable causes of urinary incontinence, but they all impact the daily life of those who suffer. There are several types and severities of incontinence that include:
• Stress– bladder leakage caused by physical activities that stress the bladder sphincter like laughing, coughing, running or sneezing.
• Urgency– the constant feeling of having to urinate and the involuntary loss of urine due to the uncontrollable urination stimulus in the brain.
• Mixed– combination between stress and urgency incontinence.
• Reflux– when the bladder is at full capacity and the internal pressure is too great to hold. With MonaLisa Touch treatments, the vaginal mucosa will thicken, become nourished and hydrated, and the pelvic floor muscles will regain strength. This all helps tighten the muscles around the urethra and bladder, giving more control over the urinary function.
Tighter Vaginal Tissues and Muscles
Whether from childbirth or just the natural aging process, our tissues will lose their natural elasticity and muscles will lose their tightness. As a result, the vagina may become loose.With the MonaLisa Touch treatments, the vagina will begin the process of producing new collagen and as a result, the vaginal walls and opening will regain its natural elasticity and tightness.
Regain Your Sexual Confidence
When it comes to enjoying sex, confidence is key, and MonaLisa Touch can help you gain it back. If you suffer from a dry, unlubricated vagina that causes pain during sex, it can be difficult to engage in intimacy with the ones you love.Or if your vagina isn’t as tight as it once was (due to childbirth or age), you may feel sexually inadequate or feel no pleasure at all from sex. Regardless, don’t wait another day feeling anything less than sexually confident.
Treatments are completed in as little as a few minutes and you can drive yourself to and from the appointment. Super quick and easy treatment for exceptional, proven results.
No anesthesia is required for the MonaLisa Touch treatment and patients only experience slight vibration during the procedure. When people think of lasers and micro-lesions, pain comes to mind, but because of the targeted region, the special design is able to produce the intended results without any pain.
Prior to the MonaLisa Touch vaginal laser procedure:
• Stop smoking for at least two weeks before and one week after the MonaLIsa Touch procedure. Nicotine can impair circulation and healing.
• Avoid all intravaginal creams and lubricants and also avoid intercourse for 24 hours prior to the procedure.
• Starting the day before your scheduled procedure you need to drink plenty of water to stay well-hydrated. You do not need to fast
• Avoid alcohol the day before the procedure
• We recommend you shower the morning of the procedure
• You may drive yourself to the procedure and afterwards. There will be minimal lingering discomfort.
• If a mild anti-anxiety medication was prescribed for you prior to the procedure, you will need to have someone drive you to and from your procedure.
Post-Procedure Care Instructions :
Avoid strenuous exercise and alcohol consumption for 1 week after your procedure. These activities may increase inflammation and slow down your recovery.
Some increased vaginal discharge may occur in response to the treatment post-inflammatory reaction, which may require the use of pany liners.
For a minimum of 5 days after treatment we recommend you avoid :
– Any sexual activity
– Avoid hot baths, spa baths, or chlorinated pools, lifting heavy weights or strenuous exercise
– Wear underwear made of natural fibers not too tight fitting
– Avoid tights and tight fitting trousers and allow the treated area to breath as much as possible