Many lines around the face area will improve with injection of wrinkle fillers directly under the line, but often further treatment is necessary in order to strengthen the structural supports of the skin around the line.
A wrinkle relaxer injection may be beneficial in terms of further line prevention and also to improve longevity of the filler. Lines especially around the mouth are often injected – nasolabial lines, the marionettes and the chin crease. The tear trough is very successfully injected and has the effect of making the face and eyes look less tired.
Dermal Fillers have varying functions, primarily they are used to plump skin that has lost volume, and to enhance facial features such as the jaw, cheekbones, lips or chin.
Fillers lift the skin to restore shape or add emphasis.
Treatment areas include:
• Smile lines and Frown Lines – (Nasolabial Folds)
• Acne Scarring
• Lips, Volume and Fullness
• Marionette Lines – (Outer Corners of the Mouth to the Chin)
• Tear Trough
• Contouring Cheeks
• Chin Volume
• Improve Profile
• Smoothing Jowl Depressions
• Improving Hollow Appearance
Post treatment instructions:
• During the first 24-48 hours after treatment, redness, swelling and tenderness may be experienced in the treated areas. These reactions are normal and resolve quickly and spontaneously.
• Bruising may also appear, and occasionally be notable. Bruise creams such as Hirudoid or Lasonil may be used to resolve this.
• The following guidelines are recommended during the first 24-48 hours following treatment :
– Apply cool compress or ice to the treated areas to relive swelling and possible bruising
– Avoid strenuous exercise
– Avoid drinking alcohol (may increase swelling or bruising)
– Drink regularly throughout the day, approx 8 glasses of water
– Application of makeup permissible
• Please void facials, facial waxing, AHA peels, liquid nitrogen (dry ice) or laser treatments for 10-14 days after dermal fillers.