Fibrolift Plasma Pen Treatment
Tightens skin and eyelids and treats skin imperfections
A new breakthrough technology for skin tightening, lifting & wrinkles
Plasma Pen is a non-invasive beauty treatment that can improve the appearance of a range of skin concerns, including wrinkles and lines, stretch marks and acne scars.
The Plasma Pen Fibrolift treatment uses high energy plasma technology to renew the skin surface and shrink dermal collagen for a skin-tightening and lifting effect.
The hand-held device allows treatment in areas which are hard to get to with the larger laser devices – especially around the eyelids.
The Fibrolift device produces tiny dots or zones of ionised gas (plasma) to deliver focussed heat energy to the top and mid layers of the skin. This works in several ways to reverse the signs of ageing: on the surface of the skin old epidermal cells are destroyed, removing superficial pigmentation and improving skin texture and pores.
As the energy penetrates the dermis, microscopic heat zones are made, causing an immediate shrinkage of excess skin, while boosting collagen production in the deeper layers of your skin, plumping the skin from the inside out.
This results in:
• Tightening of excess skin
• Softening of fine lines and wrinkles
• Removal of age and sun spots
• New collagen production.
Frequently Asked Questions
• We will provide you with a Post Treatment Pack that contains everything you need to care for your skin after the treatment.
• Keep the area moist for 3-4 days after the treatment with the Solosite gel provided in your pack.
• Cleanse the area with saline and gauze 3 – 4 times daily and pat dry
• Keep the treated area clean until healed
• Do NOT pick or scratch scabs
• It is essential to avoid sun exposure and use an SPF50+ daily
• To maximise your treatment, we recommend the use of Vitamin C, Vitamin B3 and Vitamin A (Retinol) serums on the skin. These are scientifically proven to aid rejuvenation. These can be started generally 1 month after your Fibrolift treatment.
For fine lines and light-to-moderate sun damage, noticeable improvement will usually be seen after one treatment. For more advanced sun-damage or ageing, two or more treatments are recommended. The degree of improvement may vary between patients.
Before the treatment a local anaesthetic cream will be applied to the skin and left for approximately 60 minutes. Prior to the treatment your skin is cleansed of all cream and oils. As the Fibrolift is performed you will feel a warm to hot prickly sensation as your specialist passes the plasma device over the skin making the dots.
Immediately after the treatment, the area will be cleaned and cooled and a soothing gel will be applied. You will have a slight burning sensation similar to sunburn for several hours. Your skin will also feel tight, but in most cases there will be little pain. There will be some swelling and sometimes pin-point oozing, which will dry over 2 – 3 days. Your skin will show a fine pin-point pattern as a result of the fractional dots.
For up to a week after the treatment you will see notable redness and moderate swelling, as well as a prominent dot-like scabs on the skin surface. Peeling will occur after 4-6 days. While the redness will improve markedly from this time, some pinkness can persist several weeks. This is easily covered with mineral makeup.
In general, the Plasma Pen Fibrolift treatment is very safe, though some side-effects can occur:
•Redness, swelling and oozing will be seen in the first few days after treatment and this then dries to small pin-point scabs.
• Temporary increase in pigmentation (more likely in darker skin types) – occurring after 3 – 4 weeks post treatment – this may require fading cream or laser treatment to speed up recovery
• Mild acne outbreaks can occur in susceptible individuals.
• Cold sore (Herpes) outbreaks
• Other infections, such as bacterial or fungal
• Loss of pigment or scarring.