At Laser Skin Care, we see many patients who have undergone and failed IPL hair removal treatment. Widespread promotion of IPL hair removal treatments rarely mentions the failure rate, or the other relatively common issue with IPL’s – paradoxical stimulation of hair growth (where underpowered treatment stimulates hair growth). This is quite common in darker skin types – eg, olive mediterranean people, Indian and Asian skins.
- We have had over 18 years experience with treating darker skin types safely & effectively.
- Don’t trust your skin to poorly trained practitioners with inferior equipment.
- True laser hair removal can only be performed by registered medical practitioners and fully qualified therapists in Western Australia.
Find out more about the potential Risks and Effects of Laser Hair Removal here.
• Shave the treatment area the night before your appointment.
• Do not wax in the 4 weeks leading up to your appointment as pigment is required in the hair follicle for the laser to identify the hair and treatment to be effective.
• Avoid exposing the area to direct sunlight for 2 weeks prior to your treatment and always protect the skin with sunscreen.
Depending on your hair and skin type and the area being treated, you will usually require treatments at 4-6 week intervals. Each part of the body has a different hair growing cycle, so the hair loss will vary depending on what phase your follicles are in at the time of treatment.
One of the benefits of laser hair removal is that the treatment is virtually painless, especially compared to waxing. Each pulse lasts less than second, producing a slight tingling feeling. In particularly sensitive areas, such as the upper lip, it may feel like a rubber band snap on the skin. Our advanced cooling machines used in all laser treatments cools your skin before, during and post treatment to minimise any discomfort.